Headphones Out, World In

Yes, I do realize that it has been well over a week since my last post and I'm sure all of my (*cough* one) followers have missed me. Don't worry I'm back now! I apologize for my lack of updates but I decided to take some time off for Spring Break and of course as soon as it ended, reality slapped me in the face with mid-semester exams.


Speaking of slaps in the face, have you heard about Rebecca Black?


No? Well, do yourself a favour and skip this blog post and forget that I ever mentioned the name. 

Anyone still reading?
Hello brave souls! Prepare yourself for the worst song ever! 
No, I'm not talking about Pocket Full of Sunshine, I'm talking about Rebecca Black's Friday. 


The 13 year old, Rebecca Black became a overnight sensation after a video of her debut single “Friday” went viral on YouTube. So far, the video has received over 9 million views! However, I'm sure her new found "fame" guarantees her nothing but future self-esteem issues. Most teenagers have a hard enough time surviving high school but Rebecca has to deal with critics labeling her song “straight out of Auto-Tuned hell,” (Billboard) and an “unintentional parody of modern pop” (Rolling Stone).


Exploiting the dreams of young hopeful teenagers is nothing new in the music industry but ARK Music Factory has taken it too far this time. The song is seriously so horrible that it might even make you not look forward to Friday. Don't believe me? Listen for yourself but you have been warned. 



No comments:

Post a Comment